main menu

Pages


stories for kids,short stories for kids,short bedtime stories for kids,short bedtime stories for children,good stories,small stories,nice stories,best stories for kids,

 The Milkmaid and her Pail 


Patty the Milkmaid was setting off to the market conveying milk in a bucket on her head.

As she came, she started ascertaining what she would do with the cash she would get for the drain.

“I’ll get a few fowls from Farmer Brown,” said she, “and they will lay eggs every morning, which I will pitch to the person’s better half.

With the cash that I get from the offer of these eggs, I’ll get myself another dimity dress and a chip cap, and when I go to the market, won’t all the young fellows come up and address me! Polly Shaw will be so envious, however, I couldn’t care less.

I might simply take a gander at her and hurl my head this way.”
reactions :

Comments